- Founded circa 1758 during the French, Indian and Zombie War.
- In 1854 the Great Fire of Pittsburgh sweeps across the city after a flaming zombie ignites a barn.
- Stephen Foster writes "Zombies A-coming Up the River" 1860.
- Upon seeing his horse devoured by the undead, James Parton describes Pittsburgh as "Hell with the lid off",1868.
- Department receives award for public service from President Theodore Roosevelt 1903.
- Barbra Ashley inducted as first female member 1963.
- 1972, Franco Harris clears the zombie infested Three Rivers Stadium parking lot with nothing but his bare hands.
- Although overrun by the undead, Donnie Iris plays a full concert at Starlake Amphitheater in 1985.
The Great Fire of Pittsburgh,
In 1920, Charles Orton patented a formula for cough drops alleged to cure zombie-like symptoms.
On the go! Using the finest automobile Chevrolet produced in 1996, the PDZD patrols the city.